Note: I have an updated list of vegan, vegetarian, and vegetarian-friendly restaurants here: Vancouver’s best vegetarian restaurants.
Vancouver has dozens of vegetarian restaurants, and hundreds of veggie-friendly restaurants.
I’ve also been keeping track of my favourites at Urbanspoon.
My top 3 Vancouver vegetarian restaurants:
- Foundation – for its wicked vibe, confusing menu, and cheap and tasty vegetarian meals
- Bandidas Taqueria – for its amazing unconventional tacos, with toppings like cabbage, walnuts, and pineapple
- Radha – for high quality vegan and raw food options, and the closest Vancouver has to vegetarian fine dining. Note: Sadly now closed.
My top 3 Vancouver veggie-friendly restaurants are:
- Nuba – for Lebanese food that just explodes with flavour – you have to try the cauliflower
- The Reef – for spicy jerk tofu in all its forms, and amazing plantain chips
- La Taqueria – I go here once a week for a quick taco hit – real authentic Mexican fast food, with good veggie options