I have sampled more beer in the past 4 months than the rest of my life combined. I have visited all manor of pubs and enjoyed it all immensely. My first few weeks were spent sampling as many different varieties of beer as possible. After I while I settled in on a few favourites.
- Strongbow – a tasty cider that goes down smooth and packs a punch
- Kronenberg 1664 – a great beer and favourite with the people I usually drank with
- Carling – best selling beer in the UK (surprisingly owned by Molson’s)
- Magners – another cider, although not as good as Strongbow
- Carlsberg – a great Danish beer
- Fosters – Aussie beer that Kelsey fell in love with while in London
- Guinness – really heavy beer. I enjoyed it, but didn’t fall in love
- Stella – I hated it when I drank it in Waterloo, but I loved it here
- Badger Ale – Grrr! Not great, but came in an awesome pint glass I wanted to take home
- Abbot Ale – Kind of nasty
- Maple Leaf – Canadian themed pub that shows hockey games on Sunday nights. Visited with Kelsey & Jen.
- Grapes – Great smoke-free atmosphere. Try the fish & chips and bread-and-butter pudding. Visited with parents.
- Ship & Shovell Split into two buildings across an alleyway with drinkers spanning the gap. Visited with Adam & Ellen.
- Gun – No pub food here. Really expensive gourmet food instead. Visited with the guys from work, and work paid.
- Old Monk – A basement pub near Buckingham Palace. The booths in the back that are lit from the sidewalk above so you can see feet walking above. Visited with Kelsey & Jen.
Kronenberg is great!
I drank quite a few beers this term that I liked both European and local, but damned if I can remember what they’re called.
I thought the whole idea around top 10 ten lists was to make a list of things you enjoyed. I don’t really think a beer you found nasty should make the list.
Anyway I hope you had a wonderful holiday 🙂
Re: Top 10….
OK. You win. But a list of my Top 9 beers looked silly, and I couldn’t remember the name of any other beer I had. I did have a Davy’s Ale last night that was quite good. Maybe that can be number 10.
Cheers to Beers!
Foster is the shit!!!!!
i checked a couple beer vendors and liqur marts here in winnipeg and no luck..so if any one knows of a place to buy it let me know..and if you find it…try it! its awesome…