Because I really should be studying for my CS 370 final tomorrow, but can’t seem to muster any enthusiasm, I bring you a collection of websites that have wasted my time today:
- Procrastinating Students Spell Out Their Exam Frustrations at Porter Library (Also linked off Boing Boing)
- And some good news for all of us graduating soon: Software Engineering is the Best Job! Ever! (or at least this year in the USA according to some half-baked study). The site may have been slashdotted.
- Waterloo finished
9th12th in today’s ACM programming contest. Top Canadian team and just behind MIT for top in N.A.. Good job team. Scratch that. Turns out they finished 12, behind U of A. Of course, the Russians using hacked soviet-era Commodore 64s came in first. It was so easy.
- I’m 7-4 in cribbage today.
- Vancouver is winning 2-0 (11 minutes into the 1st period). They’re not out of the playoffs yet.
- I’m looking to buy a new digital camera. The cracked LCD on mine won’t be fixed before I leave to Europe. So, I’m considering a Canon PowerShot A610.
- The high today was +15 (a little higher than 13, but not quite 18). For those of you who cared.
On a sadder note, my great-grandmother, Baba Luhowy, passed away today. She was 97 and lived a very active life. I’ve never met anyone as strong, independent, or witty as her. She’ll be missed. I’m flying back to Winnipeg for the funeral on Monday, so I won’t be able to attend the amazing Wasik Easter festivities.