We celebrated Thanksgiving this year with good friends and a delicious vegan feast.
- Large zucchini dressed up like a bird, stuffed with cranberry, apricot, and pecan wild rice pilaf (Oh She Glows)
- Green salad with apples, toasted hazelnuts, and carrots, with a cranberry apple orange vinaigrette (Oh She Glows)
- Purple and white mashed potatoes with shiitake mushroom gravy (Oh She Glows and food.com)
- Sauteed green beans with toasted almonds (She Knows)
- Roasted brussels sprouts (from Taryn)
- Autumn-spiced, raw coconut dessert (from Laura)
- Chocolate porter cake (from Joy)
- Pumpkin beer and white wine (from Dan)
Emily created our vegan zucchini turkey by hollowing out a giant zucchini, filling it with stuffing, and slowly baking it for 3 hours at 300 F.
It was just as creative as the the faux turkey Emily made on for our first Thanksgiving together, seven years ago.
Wow, that all looks so good. Thanks for the links to the recipes too!