I recently nerded out my Google Personalized Homepage and added all kinds of yummy modules and RSS feeds. I just wanted to share some of them and get some ideas for new modules and feeds.
First, I use Tabs to separate my homepage by content and keep things clutter free. Unfortunately, it’s only client-side scripting, so it still loads the content from every tab.
The other modules I use are:
- Weather Module – set to Vancouver
- Google Calendar and Gmail – to keep on top of things
- Google News Reader – to follow my favourite blogs
- Sticky Notes and To-Do List – to keep track of all the stuff I need to do
The RSS feeds I subscribe to are:
- News feeds from CBC – Top Stories, BC News, and MB News, and TSN for sports.
- Wired, Slashdot, and Lifehacker – for all my nerd content
- Rotten Tomatoes – Top Movies and Opening Movies – because its the only source I trust to recommend movies
- My Flickr Comments – because I’m addicted
Nerdy to the Max!
Too nerdy for me.